Join in and sing with Cantores Connexi, the VC Friends, and many other virtual choristers from across the world!
DEADLINE: 26th October 2014
A new grassroots VC project: Silent Night/Stille Nacht, specially adapted by Patrick Williams, to be sung in German and English. December 24, 2014, is the 100th anniversary of the temporary Christmas Eve truce between the Germans and the British, when they came together singing “Silent Night” – “Stille Nacht” and other carols. This is a commemoration of that event.
Singers from all over the world are welcome to join. We record our parts along with a conductor video on YouTube, then post links in a Google Docs sheet. You can find all the information you need on this page, and please join the group on Facebook to meet other virtual choristers (there are some other guide tracks there too). https://www.facebook.com/groups/SilentNightVC
- Please choose either the SATB or the melody score to sing from and download the PDF to practice.
- At the start of your recording, clap in time with the conductor (with your hands in front of your face).
- Sing your heart out!
- Then smile at the camera until the conductor video finishes.
- After recording, please upload to Google Drive, Dropbox, or YouTube, and paste your link into the singer database.
- SATB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykc_vGCfzt4
- Melody only: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf0A4NMGRYc
SINGER DATABASE (paste links to your recordings in here)
Scrolling Music Videos
- Soprano 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZckWWB1KVeU (by Julie Crowell Gaulke)
- Soprano 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MUoRBfRAHg (by Mary Pickering)
- Alto 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf9HMWA_lJY (by Mary Pickering)
- Alto 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PMtj2DFJXc (by Julie Crowell Gaulke)
- Tenor 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93lz3Pliuzo (by Helen Town)
- Tenor 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhfHRcx9pzA (by Patrick Nay)
- Bass 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isHpwkAsAoQ (by Patrick Williams)
- Bass 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laQt4WXeS4E (by Patrick Williams)
German Pronunciation Tutorial by Stephanie Dormann:
Audio by Frauke Janssen:
Check under files: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SilentNightVC/files/
Audio by CA Edington
Notes on English pronunciation
Places with linked (connected) sounds:
- Verse 2: shepherds⤻quake⤻at / heaven⤻afar / saviour⤻is
- Verse 3: Son⤻of / love’s⤻pure / beams⤻from / dawn⤻of
Places with one sound between words:
- Verse 2: glories + stream / hosts + sing (one “s” sound)
- Verse 3: with + the (one “th” sound)
Black with a touch of sparkle/fur/winter.
Any coloured background, so long as it is plain.